Your Action Learning Pathway sets out what you hope to achieve during your time as a diploma student. It is a statement of intent, a planning tool, as much as an opportunity to creatively re-asses where you are going with your life. The aim is to review it regularly, adapt it to your changing needs where necessary, but most importantly to use it as a tool to make your time more constructive.
I have organised mine into:
- Goal – a specific statement of what I hope to achieve.
- Holmgren’s Domain – which is basically a way of categorizing my interests in a coherent way that flows with David Holmgren’s work.
- Theory in Action/Permaculture Lifestyle – this how I can implement this goal on a personal level, so that I am really ‘walking the talk’ to so speak.
- Learning & Skill development opportunities – This is how I can learn the skills to achieve my goal, via courses, reading etc.
- Design Practice Opportunities/Potential Projects – how I can put the learning into action
- Complementary Criteria:
- Dissemation – how can I share my experience of achieving or working towards this goal with others
- Community Building – how can I apply it to my community
- Symmetry – can it contribute to the permaculture community in some way?
- Evaluations & Costings – is there an opportunity to measure its effect or use my outcomes towards further research
- Timeline/Scale – when am I aiming to achieve this goal by, setting a date makes it a measurable goal.
[scribd id=50538024 key=key-7gpq8pf2f3ke8x3amp4 mode=list]