- Go round, why participating? What do you know of food sovereignty so far?
- Intro to myself
2. Food Sovereignty background
- Read first definition
- Emerged from movements in Global South, meeting in Belgium in1993, Forum 2007
- Via Campesina – representing 200 million peasants worldwide
- There are 6 principles that have been democratically decided from the bottom up
- Pairs or small groups – each given a principle. Work through questions, with time for feedback & group discussion:
- If this principle was made a reality in your community what would it look like?
- What are the barriers to achieving this principle?
- All principles interconnected – What other principles are necessary for yours to be achieved?
- Food is political – we need to see political relationships to achieve food sovereignty
- Need to act & organise
5. Go round of personal next steps